Don't forget to vote in the People's Choice Awards. You can vote for James and The Following. If they are not listed, simply add them to the "other" field!
"Take Up A Cause!" -John Carter
Above you'll see our Petition To Disney to give us our John Carter Sequel. This is only one part of our campaign to spread positive word-of-mouth for John Carter and turn the negative tide, especially in the US, where box office has not been as it should for such a great film.
How you can help:
• September 27, 2013: Breaking News!! 'The Following' and James Purefoy at NY ComicCon, Sunday, Oct 13th, 2013!
BURBANK, Calif. (September 27, 2013) - Warner Bros. Television returns to New York Comic Con with two hit shows both produced locally in the New York area: last season's #1 new series The Following and acclaimed third-season crime thriller Person of Interest. Confirmed to attend New York Comic Con 2013 for panel sessions and autograph signings with fans on Sunday, October 13, are The Following stars Kevin Bacon, James Purefoy, Valorie Curry, Shawn Ashmore and Connie Nielsen, along with executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega, as well as Person of Interest stars Taraji P. Henson, Sarah Shahi, Amy Acker and Kevin Chapman, with executive producer Greg Plageman.
Read more at
US fans, we will most likely be looking for it on YouTube!!
Pics: Rob Collins & James Purefoy on set of itv's Great British Treasures. From Portable Antiquities Scheme on FB. James Purefoy in Northumberland "Holding the remains of the Alnwick Sword for itv Great British Treasures"
• 'The Following' Season1 DVD/Blu-ray to now be released on January 7, 2014.
The Following - Announcement for 'The Complete 1st Season' Starring Kevin Bacon/James Purefoy in new thriller, coming to DVD and Blu-ray Disc
Edge-of-your-seat thriller THE FOLLOWING is created by Kevin Williamson ("Dawson's Creek," "Scream" franchise) and stars Golden Globe Award-winning Kevin Bacon ("X-Men," "Frost/Nixon") and James Purefoy ("Rome"). The spellbinding and intense drama follows an ex-FBI agent (Bacon) called out of retirement to track down a devious and diabolical serial killer (Purefoy), the mastermind behind a nationwide string of murders.
Warner Home Video has announced that January 7th will see the release, on DVD and Blu-ray/DVD Combo, of The Following - The Complete 1st Season. Priced at $39.98 SRP (4 discs) and $49.99 SRP (7 discs) respectively, the studio has said to expect bonus material on this title, but hasn't given the details of those extras just yet. The Blu-ray/DVD Combo version will also include Ultraviolet digital versions of the episodes.
• January 30, 2013: Fox Lounge, Rapid Fire tv spot for The Following!
• September 27, 2012: THIS WEEKEND Solomon Kane opens in limited release in US theaters! If it's playing near you, don't miss it, and tell everyone to go see it! We need a wider release and great success so we get those sequels!
The latest, lovely, photos of James from events over the past few days: GettyImages & Zimbio
• September 7, 2012: Tonight is the Stand Up To Cancer special on various network stations. James was in the ad for this so I'm pretty sure he'll make an appearance. More info here and be sure to check your local listings.
• August 23, 2012: Solomon Kane movie is released on VOD via iTunes today!
Check out Solomon Kane, The Official Movie Magazine on your iPad/iPhone, other device, and/or on your computer- a must for fans of the movie & Solomon Kane mythology!
Save 47% off the newsstand price!
The 148-Page magazine includes exclusive interviews with star James Purefoy, and the supporting cast, director Michael J. Bassett and producers Michael and Paul Berrow and Samuel Hadida. The magazine also features behind the scenes photography from the Solomon Kane set, sumptuous artwork and production storyboards with accompanying commentary from the creative team. Plus, much more must-have material for any fan of Solomon Kane, the man, the myth, the movie.
• August 20, 2012: Just returned last night from the Edgar Rice Burroughs Centennial event in Calif. I was there as a fan and to help promote our Back To Barsoom sequel campaign. It was an incredible time and myself, as well as the other admins for the BtoB campaign got to meet John Carter producer, Jim Morris. We feel even more confident now that we can help make the sequels happen!
Also, US poster and some screen shots from Solomon Kane. Same poster used for a few other countries, but a good one. DreadCentral.com
Also, The John Carter Sequel Campaign will have a booth at Comic Con! The Van Eaton Galleries, Booth #501.
Fans fight for John Carter sequels on their own dime and time!!
Spread The Word! Make Our Presence Known! Take Us Back To Barsoom!!!
• July 11, 2012: EXCELLENT NEWS!! Finally!!
Solomon Kane to be released in the US!!
Michael Bassett: "Holy crap this one has taken a long time... I think elephants make babies quicker. Still, better late than never so, it is with enormous pleasure and a huge sigh of relief that I can tell you all that Solomon Kane is going to be released in the US later this year by The Weinstein Company's new division Radius. It's going to have a premium VOD release on August 24th followed by a cinema release on September 28th. I currently have no details on the extent of that theatrical run but I suspect it will be what's called 'key' areas - so probably 15 or so cities in the US. Not world beating and it's going to need lots of support to find the audience but there'll be enough interest to hopefully put Kane back on the map and in a place where we can sensibly talk of sequels.
If you really can't wait to see it in the fall, and you find yourself in Comic Con this Friday there's going to be a little screening of the movie with James Purefoy and myself there to say hi. Starts at 9:15pn at the Gaslight theatre in San Diego. Most of the tickets are going to be give-aways and suchlike but I'm told there's going to be a rush line too. So there's a good chance you can catch it on the big screen."
In honor of James Purefoy's upcoming appearance at Comic Con SD, Celinda Steinman has shared with us her photo gallery of James at the Comic Con Solomon Kane panel! Awesome! Thanks hon! :D (via FB so you'll need an acct to see the gallery) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...
• May 2, 2012: James tweeted this today: "Recording the first ever dramatisation of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance for BBC radio 4 today. Fascinating stuff." You can follow James on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/#!/jamespurefoy
James has been making the rounds lately! He was was at the South Bank Sky awards in London at the Dorchester Hotel:
• April 14, 2012: Madeleine Stowe tells us that when Revenge returns, things will really be heating up between Victoria and her new love interest, Rome actor James Purefoy. "I call him much more than a love interest," she teases to us. "He's a beautiful man and it's a very visceral, physical kind of [relationship]. I think ABC had to go through and see what they could actually leave on the air or not, so I don't know what's going to end up being cut! But it's a very deep love, yes." Ooh la la!
• April 11, 2012: Action Fest starts Tomorrow, April 12 and opens with the screening of Solomon Kane at the Diana Wortham Theater in downtown Asheville, NC! Schedule: http://actionfest.com/2012-schedule/
Latest Solomon Kane news via Michael Bassette's Blog:
"Solomon Kane; It's all exciting and there is an announcement planned but it's going to come around the time Kane screens at ActionFest. I won't be able to be there but James Purefoy is going to try and make and introduce the movie. Suffice to say that I'm very confident that, depending where you live, my American friends will get to see Kane in theatres later this year. And, as I said here before, when the time comes I'll be asking you all to really help create a positive vibe for the film. But more details as I have them." http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/update-24th-march/
Fans, let's get John Carter some great box office numbers this week and coming weekend! Overseas it's done marvelously, but in the US it hasn't done as well as it deserves! Please promote wherever you can, take your friends and family to see it, and share your great review of the film with everyone! I've seen it 3 times now and I want to go again! I adore the film! It deserves great success so we get our sequels (with more James)!
Two supurb promotional tools are the fan trailers that have gotten huge buzz because they're better than the official ones. Share these everywhere!
• March 10. 2012: John Carter takes #1 Friday Box Office! YES! I've no doubt it will take the weekend, too, due to excellent word of mouth and repeat viewings (I'm going for the third time tomorrow with friends). InsideMovies.ew.com...
Read a bit more about James' character in the upcoming episodes (17 and 18) of Revenge:
"How will Victoria's new love interest enter the picture?
Kelley: This guy is somebody that's hooked into her deep past from before Conrad and David Clarke, somebody with intimate knowledge of the young Victoria and who she was before she started making all of these very dark choices. He's part of one of her very first dark choices. There's a lot of passion, a lot of danger and a lot of honesty that is going to surface with this guy.
How will his return affect Victoria going forward and her feelings about the family and about Emily?
Kelley: The relationship pops up as more of a secret for Victoria to keep. It's something that will — when it comes to light — become a problem. She will meet her former lover again in Episode 17 and then we will jump forward several months into the winter in Episode 18 and they will have continued on this affair and have become quite close." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837642/board/thread/195555634
Check out the Extended Super Bowl ad for John Carter!
• February 1, 2012: On this, the 100th Birthday of the original John Carter story, we have.... now hold on to your hearts, friends... the FIRST image of James as Kantos Kan from the upcoming film! My friend Eric (huge thanks) scanned this (and I just ordered the book that contains it here): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0736428739/..
• January 27, 2012: There are loads of things coming out for John Carter now! Here is the latest teaser trailer!!
The very best place to get all the latest John Carter movie news and more is Barsoomia.org!!
And here is a nice simple graph outlining just how threatened our freedoms online would be. This site would be stripped clean of almost all content (videos, images, etc) if these bills are passed: http://www.keepthewebopen.com/sopa-vs-open
We want to end piracy, but not at the expense of the freedoms the rest of us enjoy.
• January 11, 2012: I hope everyone is having a very Happy New Year! Things have been pretty quiet lately here, but there are a few little things to share.
- Firstly, here are some search results where you can go visit various entertainment pages talking about "300: Battle of Artemesia" and add your comments about casting James as Themistocles opposite Eva Greene. I really hope he gets that role!!
• December 20, 2011:
Word has it that James Purefoy may be up for the role of Themistocles in "300: Battle of Artemesia" He's a warrior and leader of the Greeks. Eva Green has been offered the part of Artemesia opposite Themistocles. Talk of this film and casting is all over the message boards and we need to go mention how much we'd LOVE to see James in this role and acting alongside Eva Greene again!Let's campaign for James!! I'm sorry I don't have any direct links to share but if you do a web search, visit http://www.imdb.com and other film sites, you should be able to find entries and comments about this film and casting where you can write your own posts to support our James and spread word of our desire for him to be in this film! Let's Go!! :D -Nada
Also, another snippet from director Michael Bassett's Blog that mentions Solomon Kane: "...I'm really just an observer in these matters because I'm not a producer and don't have the millions of dollars on the line that they do. A decision seems to imminent but ev en when there is one, I'm not going to be able to tell you guys. It's all very secretive, for some reason. It's the same with Solomon Kane - I have news which is very exciting but can't say a thing yet." http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/update-5th-december/
• December 4, 2011: Here's a really nice interview with James for Solomon Kane that I don't remember seeing before. http://run.showtimes.com
• November 28, 2011: James speaks out in a video for Amnesty International about the sad story of Natalia Estemirova. :(
And, James talks about stage to screen at the BFI London Film Festival. James comes in at about 8 minutes in.
• November 25, 2011: Happy Thanksgiving to all of James' US fans and blessings to everyone around the world. :)
James goes comedy in Rev, viaTelegraph.co.uk... "Pure fun comedy - Having camped up his roles as Mark Antony in Rome and King Lot in Camelot, James Purefoy is moving in to straight comedy. The 47-year-old actor has signed up to appear in the second series of Episodes, the BBC sitcom starring Tamsin Greig. "People see me with a sword and chopping people's heads off, doing serious stuff, but I've wanted to do a romantic comedy for a long time," he tells Mandrake. Speaking at Action Aid's Call My Wine Bluff event, he adds: "If people don't find me funny, then I will retire gracefully from the world of comedy."
• October 31, 2011: Happy Halloween!! Got a lovely video of James interviewed via DNA "Digital News Agency"
• October 30, 2011: James interview, LeicesterSquareTV on Oct 30 2011!
And, some gorgeous images of James over at WireImage! Sighhhh
• October 29, 2011: A nice little video about Injustice. James and the other stars talk about it. Ah, he's so handsome!
• October 27, 2011: James attended the premiere of The Deep Blue Sea at the BFI 55th London Film Festival. Images at Getty! NICE :D http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/130628570/Getty-Images-Entertainment
• October 21, 2011: Loads of images of James in Monaco at the Roger Dubuis - Soiree Monegasque at Hotel de Paris:
• October 15, 2011: A cute little tidbit about one of James's stage experiences: ..."An actor doesn't have that luxury, as James Purefoy once discovered when performing at the National Theatre. He dried terribly, a third of the way through a two-page monologue. Instead of panicking, he told me, he decided to "go for a wander" – that is, do a circuit of the stage. But then he started to think: what happens if I get back to the front of the stage and I still don't know the line? Sure enough, that's what happened, so he did another circuit. Luckily, this time some words tumbled out and the monologue came back to him."
- Nigel Farndale, Telegraph.co.uk
• October 6, 2011: James is a Mac user and lover of Apple products, as I am. It was very sad learning of the passing of Steve Jobs. May he have peace and may his legacy live on and continue to enrich lives. Thanks, Steve, for bringing us into the 21 Century with your innovations!
• September 27, 2011: James Purefoy backs Ed Miliband in celebrity video for Labour party conference. http://menmedia.co.uk
• September 25, 2011: The Making of Solomon Kane video. Thanks so much Aby for sending the link:
• September 1, 2011: Here's a link to the Press and Interview section of the Rochester People site, with links to James interviews about the event. Many thanks to Jon at Restore Rochester Castle Committee for sending the link.
Plus: just today, tons of John Carter stuff is just starting to emerge. The teaser trailer will premiere ahead of Harry Potter on Friday! I love everything i'm hearing about this film!! YAY!! Here are a few links or interest.
• June 15, 2011: First, very teasy poster of John Carter (of Mars) released today!! Mr. Kitsch is looking mighty fine, though no James, yet. But I can hardly stand the wait to see the trailer before Harry Potter 8 next month!! WOO HOO!
• June 13, 2011: A wonderful interview with the "terribly pretty" James over at Telegraph.co.uk.
• June 12, 2011: James is jealous of Hugh Grant? Nah! He just wants to do rom coms. http://www.express.co.uk. Well, I'm not really into rom coms myself, but I'd sure love seeing James in anything. He's quite talented with comic timing... something he doesn't get a chance to do too often. :)
Sooo excited!! Looks like we'll be getting a trailer for John Carter (of Mars) before the final Harry Potter film!! WOO HOO!!! :D
• May 28, 2011: "The BBC reveals today that Patrick Stewart, David Morrissey, Rory Kinnear, Lindsay Duncan, David Suchet and James Purefoy are to appear together in the first of a run of four big-budget Shakespeare plays to be made for television..." http://www.guardian.co.uk/Awesome sauce!! :D
A lovely photo of James from Injustice. I can't wait to see the miniseries!! :D
• May 21, 2011: Another oh SO Lovely pic of James for Fault magazine!! Mmmm so nice!!
• May 10, 2011: Injustice on DVD is now available for pre-order from Amazon.uk. If you live in the US you'll need a multi-retion DVD player to view it. Amazon UK wil ship worldwide. And check out this new pic of James from the show... Almight God but WOW!!! THUD! ;)
• April 17, 2011: According to the official Solomon Kane facebook page, it looks like the evil-vanquishing puritan is headed to US theaters - FINALLY!! Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/solomonkanethemovie
• March 4, 2011: Been out all day long so now catching up on things. Firstly hoping opening night for Flare Path was smooth and wonderful for James and the entire cast! Nettie and I were there in spirit and it was on our minds all day today. :)
Ok, now, it's time for the latest news and interviews via various sites:
• February 24, 2011: Lots of fun goodies today. Firstly, a nice little short video of James talking about filming Ironclad. This is via the Ironclad Film page over on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/video/video (sorry, no embed available)
A couple of great clips from Ironclad (thanks to Heike for this first one. I almost missed it!)
• February 1, 2011: YES!! The official and totally awesome Ironclad trailer for the UK is now out! Can hardly wait for word of a US release date. Soon I hope! Oh, James is ... Swooooon-inducing every time he's on screen - as always! But I do LOVE him in these kinds of roles. Sighhhh
• January 31, 2011: Here's a nice little interview with director, Andrew Stanton about John Carter of Mars. I really like Andrew and I love what he says, even though there is no mention of James. I can hardly stand the wait for the film!!
• January 23, 2011: Don't miss the two little video clips of James at the WFTV 2010 Awards posted to Facebook and to the Videos page here. Thanks so much Susanne!
• January 21, 2011: Several news tidbits today. Save The British Film Industry.com. More info here...
MIPTV will host the Camelot International Premiere Screening. I'll keep my eyes open for images of video from the event if James makes an appearance. More info here...
James talks about What Makes A Dandy in an article at RichardJames.co.uk. "The dandy is a portrait of studied carelessness, but without the appearance of study." -James. Thanks Red!
• January 20, 2011: Looks like the soundtrack for Ironclad is to be released March 1st, though I'm not sure if this is a US, UK, or wide release: www.aceshowbiz.com. Anxiously awaiting film release news for the US and elsewhere... hope we'll get it soon!
Also, looks like there is a podcast about Camelot. Click here for more info and the link to listen: monstersandcritics.com
• January 19,2011: Yippeee!! Disney moves the release date up to March 8, 2012 for John Carter of Mars! It makes the long wait a little shorter, which is okee dokee in my book! :D Deadline.com
• January 18, 2011: James is now supporting the Sharpes Children's Foundation charity. Here's more info! www.sharpeschildren.com Thanks Red for the update!
• January 10, 2011: The official trailer is now out for Starz Camelot! Here is the link. :) www.insidetv.ew.com
• January 4, 2011: Director Michael Bassett posted a nice message and behind the scenes photos from Solomon Kane to honor the passing of actor Pete Postlethwaite: Michael J Bassett's Blog.
Also, a behind the scenes short for Starz Camelot has been released. Hardly any sign of James in this, sadly. But the show looks good! :)
A release date for Ironclad has been announced for the UK: March 4th. As more dates come out I'll be sure to post them here.
• January 3, 2011: I am very sad to report that actor Pete Postlethwaite, who starred in many films, including Solomon Kane opposite James, has passed away. He was an incredible talent and he will be greatly missed. :( New York Daily News.
• January 1, 2011: A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! And I've got the prefect gift for all you James lovers, too. Thanks so much to Lynne for sending me this link...
• December 29, 2010: Back from vacay and the only new bit of news since I've been away is that Camelot will debut on Starz on April Fool's Day (April 1st). CraveOnline.com. Let's hope they aren't pulling our legs. ;) Happy New Year Everyone!! :D
ALERT: There will be a sneak preview of Camelot after the season finale of Spartacus on Feb. 25, 2011 Don't miss it!
• December 6th, 2010: Man about town that he is, James was at the Moet British Independent Film Awards 2010 last night. Images up at GettyImages.com and WireImage.com.
• December 3, 2010: James attended The Sky 3D Women in Film and Television Awards 2010 in London yesterday. Lovely images at GettyImages.com and WireImage.com.
• November 27, 2010: Oh so darling pics of James - Lacoste VIP Lounge at the ATP World Tour Finals! Simply edible in that awesome hat and scarf. :D www.gettyimages.com
• November 25, 2010: A Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
James is expected to appear at the WFTV Awards on 3DTV channel, Sky 3D. I hope someone over in the UK can catch this one. www.Variety.com
• November 20, 2010: I just had to share this amazing fan video I discovered on YouTube. Solomon Kane set to one of my very favorite songs, "Burn My Shadow" by Unkle and a tribute for James. I've contacted the creator about adding this to the fan video section of the site. It's wonderful!! Enjoy! :D
• November 17, 2010: Check out James wearing "Hands Up Not Handouts" bracelets from Palestine. This is SO cool! :D
A couple of sneak peeks of the upcoming John Carter of Mars. No James in the video, but a look at the set as it's being built and a little storyboard. YAY! Exciting! :DClick to see storyboard art.
• November 10, 2010: It's been very quiet on the Purefoy front lately, but I think it's the lull before the storm. James has several things coming out in 2011, etc., and I'm sure soon we'll be hearing more and more about them, and other new projects.
• October 24, 2010: Joseph Fiennes is interviewed for Starz Camelot. Here's the full article followed by an exerpt. www.collider.com
What role is James Purefoy playing in the series?
CHIBNALL: He is appearing as King Lot, who is one of the great warlord power brokers, when Arthur attempts to ascend to power, so you'll see him from the first episode. He is one of the most fearsome villains I've seen on television and film for awhile. James absolutely jumped at the chance to do the show and has given us something really specific. He is a mean guy.
FIENNES: He's done an amazing job. On set we call him "James Pure Joy," so it's incredible that he's manifested such a mean-spirited warlord.
Pure Joy! Oh yes he is! Been calling him that for years now. LOL! :D
• October 19, 2010: Very nice reviews of Ironclad at www.Deadline.com! (thanks red!)
Also, there will be a screening of Ironclad in the Los Angeles area. Here's the info and a link: www.thescreeningexchange.com. This open for anyone under the age of 39.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Showtime: 7:30 PM
6360 W. Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028
• October 17, 2010: Sorry for the delay in news tidbits. I've been without my computer for about a week. Here's the latest:
- There was a special cast and crew screening of Ironclad on October 10th in London at the Empire Leicester Square. I've not seen any photos or articles from this so if you have please message me so I can post them. Thanks :D
• October 7, 2010: In the UK Channel 4 will show Camelot!! http://www.iftn.ie/news. When more channel news comes out for other places around the world I'll be sure to post it.
• October 6, 2010: Starz pimps its shows, including Camelot. The very tiny little snippet is at about 47 seconds in, and there's no James in the footage. I can hardly wait for the show!!
• October 4, 2010: A cute little interview with James' brother, William Purefoy from back when James was filimng Rome season 2. He mentions James a few times. William Purefoy Interview 9.2010 (pdf)Many thanks to Tracy for sending it to me. :)
• September 9, 2010: Looks like another new project for our boy. The film "Past Imperfect." Starring opposite one of my very fave actresses, Gillian Anderson! SWEET! www.cocoandclaude.com/pastimperfect.htmlThanks Patri! :D
There's more info here, but this makes me think it's too early to get too excited about this: http://www.cinando.com/.. We shall see...
• September 8, 2010: A nice little interview with James in Mexico for Solomon Kane. Thanks Roberto for sharing this on Facebook!
• August 29, 2010: Matthew Gant, designer for Injustice, has a portfolio website. Maybe he'll post some of his designs for the show there soon. http://www.fracture.ltd.uk
• August 28, 2010: Press Release today - Injustice, a new TV series project for James! It's iTV so I think that's just for the UK. Praying those of us outside of the UK will get to see it. www.iTV.com
• August 25, 2010: The Ironclad panel with pics, video, and transcript is up at EmpireOnline.com. James talks John Carter of Mars, and Jason Flemming teases him over his hand gestures. Love Jason and that marvelous enthusiasm!! :D
• August 24, 2010: Ohhhh oh oh, James in Jeans again and this lovely shot (below) Gleee!! Some very nice photos of our lovely man while in Mexico for Solomon Kane! www.cineenlinea.net. Patri found this, thanks hon!
• August 22, 2010: Two photos of James from the Empire Movie Con promoting Ironclad! www.empireonline.com. Love that scruff! ;)
• July 31, 2010: Correction!!: Solomon Kane will be opening in Mexico on August 11th titled something like "Demon Hunter" and James will be there to help promote the film... It will open in Argentina on September 30th.
Solomon Kane' (bajo el nombre de 'Cazador de Demonios'...) aterriza en los cines de México el 13 de agosto de la mano de CorazónFilms. Además, el 11 de agosto James Purefoy estará en México capital para promocionar la película. James Purefoy estará el 11 de agosto en México DF promocionando Solomon Kane, que se estrena en los cines de México el 13 de agosto.
• July 23, 2010: A new sneak peek of Ironclad, with a few brief glimpses of our James. I love the cast and can hardly wait to see it!! www.tv.fooyoh.com
• July 21, 2010: Starz announces start of production on "Camelot" series to air in early 2011. James will star as King Lot and filming is currently taking place in Ireland. Fabulous!www.tvbythenumbers.com
• July 16, 2010: James was at the Inception VIP screening the night of July 13th, along with the rest of the cast of Starz "Camelot." Yes, it seems our boy will be a part of that production. More info when it emerges. There is a tiny photo of James from the screening, in all of his scruffy glory. YUMMMY! ;) www.showbiz.ie/news
• July 11, 2010: There will be an Ironclad panel at Comic Con, no info on whether James will be there. Here's the full Friday schedule link: www.comic-con.org/cci/cci10_prog_fri.php and basic info:
Time: 8:30-9:30 pm, Room 7AB. Ironclad Panel and Footage— A medieval Magnificent Seven that combines the visceral action of 300 with the impassioned heroism and romance of Braveheart, Ironclad is a violent action thriller that tells the true story of a motley crew of tough, battle hardened warriors, who withstood several brutal and bloody months under siege, in a desperate bid to defend their country’s freedom. Starring James Purefoy, Paul Giamatti, Brian Cox, Kate Mara, Jason Flemyng, and Derek Jacobi. Filmmakers Jonathan English (Minotaur), Andrew Curtis (Lost In La Mancha), and Rick Benattar (Shoot 'em Up) will screen an 11-minute battle sequence from the film and host a Q&A afterward. Special surprise guests to appear!
• May 25, 2010: Action Aid UK Radio Ad with James -" If you live in the West Country [England] tune into Heart FM and keep your ears out for our ad. We’d like to say a huge thank you to Hollywood actor and South West resident James Purefoy who very kindly donated his time and voice to record our advert." Hoping they will post this audio on their website at some point.
Also - Via Michael Bassett's Blog - Michael Moorcock, World renowned science fiction and fantasy writer said of Solomon Kane: "LOVED Solomon Kane. One of the best supernatural adventure stories I’ve ever seen, true to the spirit and mood of Howard, great camerawork and editing. James Purefoy was perfect as Kane.Why this hasn’t got substantial American distribution I don’t know. I would work with Bassett any day on the strength of this film.” - This is one of the coolest things evah!! :D
• May 17, 2010: Firstly, encouraging news posted over at the Conan forum by Wandering Star. A possible Autumn US relase in theaters of Solomon Kane! YAY!
And, eleven minutes of Ironclad was shown at Cannes. There's a brief writeup and short interview with the director Jonathan English over at HeatVisionBlog.com.
• May 10, 2010: Five Facts About Solomon Kane via Xtreamer Magazine with a short interview with James.www.magazine.xtreamer.net.
• May 7, 2010: Ironclad overcomes financial woes. Also, looks like an 11 minute clip will be shown at Cannes. Reported at www.Variety.com.
• May 2, 2010: Solomon Kane second in Top 10 the in World, 2010. Too bad the US, Australia, and other countries who have not gotten a release of Kane are not included in "the world."
• April 30, 2010: James joins Beating Bowel Cancer charity. He said, "I'm supporting Beating Bowel Cancer's BE LOUD! BE CLEAR! campaign, having lost a close friend to bowel cancer when she was in her thirties. This tragedy highlighted to me that the disease can strike at any age. I urge people to get symptom-aware and see their doctor early if they're worried." Thanks Redhol2000.
• April 27, 2010: Why is it Brit actors are playing American characters? Well, James has an interesting little quote about that, "We are often referred to in Los Angeles as white Mexicans" -James Purefoy on the attitude towards British actors/ news.bbk.co.uk
* April 25, 2010: James attended the Audi Sponsors Cinderella Ballet at The Royal Opera House in London last night.
• April 22, 2010: James to participate in the panel for BFI discussion, "Making it in the States: British actors and directors on American TV" Here's more info: www.blogcatalog.com.
John Carter of Mars, Steve Meyer 3D rendering test footage of a Green Man from Barsoom! www.examiner.com. The video is a mixture of other work This has me filled with utter GLEE this morning! :D
• April 20, 2010: A nice interview with Michael Bassett for Solomon Kane via CuttingEdge.be.
So quiet lately, but hopefully we'll get some confirmation of new project stuff very soon.
• March 26, 2010: Nice write up over at The Cimmerian. A bit of speculation about the Solomon Kane DVD release, worldwide theatrical release dates, and possibilities. Though this sounds pretty hopeless for a US theatrical release, still, I'm holding onto hope... www.thecimmerian.com
• March 24, 2010: Stilt walkers needed for John Carter of Mars filming in southern Utah. www.crazeagency.com
• March 23, 2010: John Carter of Mars begins filming in Austin, TX. www.examiner.com. As far as I'm aware, James isn't filming in TX. The scenes filmed here should be the pre-Mars ones.
• March 17, 2010: John Carter of Mars, currently filming in London, will be shooting in Kane county, Utah. www.sunset.net...
• March 12, 2010: James participates with other celebs in the Amnesty International Everyday Should Be Mother's Day initiative. View the video here:
• Feb. 10th, 2010: James snagged a quick shot of the Solomon Kane bus ad in London. This was originally posted on Mike Bassett's blog. Very cool!!
• Feb. 9th, 2010: Another wonderful video interview with James at Film4.com.
And, a bit of news about filming John Carter of Mars in Utah: DenverPost.com.
• Feb. 8, 2010: James is interviewed on BBC News Morning show for Solomon Kane. I just LOVE this. http://news.bbc.co.uk
And, The Sun featured an article on Solomon Kane, too, with great photos. Mmm, that bod all tattooed. Nice! TheSun.co.uk
And, James participated in a charity event as a contestant in a quiz to raise money for the Centrepoint charity for homeless people. No photo of James has surfaced yet that I can find, but here is a brief writeup. Guardian.co.uk
• Feb. 7, 2010: Swashbuckling James tells all about his injuries while filming Solomon Kane. Of course I really want them to get to do the trilogy, but I'll worry myself to bits over his wellbeing. Cant' help it. DailyRecord.co.uk
• Feb. 6, 2010: Such darling "Photo Booth" pics of James a the Mat Szwajkos website: http://szwajkos.com - Click on "Celebrity" on the left, then click on "InStyle Celebrity Photo Booth, then click the right arrow at the bottom and he's the fifth photo from the left. Yummy!! ;)
• Jan. 1, 2010: Producer Paul Berrow reports: Solomon Kane #2 in Spain on opening day! (click here)
Paul Berrow, "Well here it is. Opening night we landed the number 2 slot very slightly behind the mighty Avatar in the stats.This is really great news for the start of the New Year....the distributors are very happy and tell me the natural response to the film has surprised even their optimistic expectations. They have been great believers in the franchise right from the start and supported the unique approach to the material. I can see the Spanish speaking world going bright green on my web audit software this morning.Its an important language in global terms as you can imagine.Roll on 2010!"
• Dec. 30, 2009: More from Spain. Two web interviews with oh so lovely images of James. Also an interview with Mike Bassett. These are in Spanish, but you can either use the Google toolbar or paste the URL into search and click "translate page":
• Oct. 24, 2009: Two articles from WalesOnline.com about Ironclad beign filmed at Dragon Studios in Cardiff, England.-http://www.walesonline.co.uk The video at the top of the one below seems to have nothing to do with the article. Maybe it's an error and they'll correct it at some point. -http://www.walesonline.co.uk
Fab response to Solomon Kane at Fantastic Fest in Austin TX!
•Sept. 25, 2009: Excellent Friday Night Flicks review of Solomon Kane from Fantastic Fest! fridaynightflicks.com
•Sept. 24, 2009: Today Michael Bassett and Paul Berrow are in Austin, TX for Fantastic Fest where Solomon Kane will be showing. the latest news is pending at Solomon Kane on Facebook.
•Sept. 23, 2009: From TIFF: Introduction and Q&A with Michael Bassett and James. The videos are very dark, but the sound is pretty good. moviemoxie.blogspot.com
Plus, Tomorrow is the day for Kane in Austin, TX. If only I could have scored tickets, I would have found a way to go! DRAT! Michael Bassett will attend, but James was unable to be there for this showing. fantasticfest.bside.com
• August 16, 2009: More Comic Con images as of August 09 Through the Lense Blog spot. (click here)
• July 31, 2009: Loverly little Q&A with James for MyLife & Action Aid. Good Stuff!! (click here)
• July 28, 2009: More about that injury James got on the set of Solomon Kane. Sounds so scary, thank God it was not serious! (click here)
• July 26, 2009: Photo and a little tidbit from the set of Philanthropist. (click here)
• July 25, 2009: • The First COMIC CON review of the Kane presentation there: (click here) And here's Michael Bassett's first Tweet after arriving at the Con: "walking through crowds at SDCC with James P getting stopped every 10 yards, I spend most of my time taking pictures for people with James." LOL! Yep, figured that would be the case. :)
• July 24, 2009: Seems James posted a write up about the Philanthropist Episode 5, Kosovo. Very very nice. (click here)
•July, 24, 2009: Several new Kane news bits and LOVE the new images and poster!! (click here)
Also, some news about Kane at Comic Con. (click here)
IMDB will be updated with Comic Con news so keep watch. (click here)
Seems there will be posters ready to be signed for Kane at the Con. (click here)
•July, 21, 2009: Kane invited to Toronto Film Festival-Dates forthcoming. (click here)
• July 20, 2009: You can now download full episodes in regular and HD versions from iTunes store! :)
• July 15, 2009: James at the Burma VJ UK Film Premiere. Lovely photo. (click here)
• July 11, 2009: Three news bits:
- James is now working with ActionAid charity. A very lovely video! (click here) And some more about it here.
- The Fast & Loose theater has a new patron, James! (click here)
- James attended the Serpentine Gallery summer party in Hyde Park. (click here)
• July 8, 2009: James joined the anti-poverty group Action Aid (click here)
• July 7, 2009: A few news tidbits: James will join Michael Bassett for Comic Con in Calif end of this month. (click here)
• July 1, 2009: Seems James might not have gotten the chance to meet Pres. Obama when he visited the White House. (click here)